Thursday 12 July 2012

Infamous Moxy

'The Pixie's Word of the Moment'

Inveigle (verb)

Definition:  To persuade, entice, lure or snare by use of flattery, artful talk or inducements.

Example:  I shall summon my most disarming wit and gentility to inveigle my way into the family's home, quoth the bententacled beast, whereupon I shall feast on their eyeballs, unzip their skins and wear them like tiny jackets.  I may also do some hoovering... honestly their house is a mess...

and now for a new feature...

'The Pixie's Guide to Ridiculous Phobias'

Mingling Psychology and Linguistics to create a whole far less qualified than the sum of its parts.



Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Definition: The irrational fear of long words.  

Aaaah I love a good bit of mental health irony, I do. 




The Pixie's Thesaurus of Rant was brought to you today by the letter î and the number 2.473 and the flagrant abuse of the following websites: Dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment